Contact

mail@gemini-theme.com
+ 001 0231 123 32

Info

All demo content is for sample purposes only, intended to represent a live site. Please use the RocketLauncher to install an equivalent of the demo, all images will be replaced with sample images.

  • Map

  • Points of Interest

    Gift Store and Elevators to Churches

    The Gift Store offers you the opportunity to obtain some remembrances of your visit, and contains a large assortment of religious articles, greeting cards and books.The proceeds of these sales help to maintain the grounds and Basilica. The elevators were installed in 1962 to enable all visitors to visit the shrine atop the Hill.

    The Marian Hallway

    The Marian Hallway is decorated with murals painted by Br. Francis Enders in 1969 (restored by Scott Dercks in 2011 ), depicting various titles of Our Lady from the Litany of Loreto.

    The Chapel of St. Therese

    The Chapel of St. Therese seats 400 people. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is provided daily in the confessionals of the Chapel.

    Basilica 

    The Basilica has a capacity of 600 people. The floors are terrazzo, the pews are hand-carved oak, and the metal work is hand wrought iron and bronze. The Stained Glass Windows were made by the Van Treeck studios of Munich, Germany, depicting the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Platform in Front of the Basilica stands about 1 ,361 feet above sea level.

    The Shrine Chapel

    The Shrine Chapel houses a rare statue of Mary. The youthful Virgin Mother offers her Son, Jesus Christ, to those who kneel before her. The statue was made by the Pustet Co. of Munich, and exhibited at the 1876 World's Fair in Philadelphia.

    Scenic Tower

    The scenic tower is open in good weather seasonally, from May 1 - October 31. Visitors who are hearty enough to climb its 178 steps enjoy a magnificent view of the countryside. The Bell Tower, a twin to the scenic tower, contains two bells which can be seen atop this tower.

    Outdoor Stations of the Cross

    The Outdoor Way of the Cross ends with its fourteenth station just outside the lower church. These almost life-size figures sculptured from Bedford stone took Joseph Aszklar of Milwaukee fourteen years to complete. He finished the task in 1928.

    First Station and Picnic Area

    The Way of the Cross begins here and winds a half mile up the hill, ending at the fourteenth station. (Restrooms are located at the Picnic Area.)

    Monastery

    The Monastery of the Discalced Carmelite Friars adjoins the northwest side of the church. Over its entrance is affixed a large stone shield of the Discalced Carmelite Friars. Inside, one floor up, is the MONASTERY OFFICE. A Discalced Carmelite Friar is usually available Monday - Saturday from 9:00 - 11:30 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm for blessings and confession.

    The Lourdes Grotto

    The Lourdes Grotto reproduces the scene of the apparition of the Virgin Mary to St. Bernadette in Lourdes, France in 1858. Holy Water is available at this grotto during warmer months and at the Holy Hill Gift Store, in limited quantities, during winter months.

    The Sacred Heart Statue

    The Sacred Heart statue shows Christ reaching out to embrace the whole world. It stands on the site of the original farmhouse monastery.

    The Shrine Replica Statue

    This white Carrara Marble statue is inserted in the Lannon stone retaining wall. It was placed there in 1965 at the conclusion of the elevator expansion project. It offers visitors the opportunity to pause at the conclusion of their visit and reflect upon their time spent at Holy Hill.

  • Etiquette

    As a courtesy to our pilgrims and the stewards of the Shrine ...

    Please maintain a respectful silence in the Basilica and chapels - Everyone in the church is there to pray and worship. Maintain a respectful silence, talking quietly when necessary. Behavior in the sanctuary should always be respectful and reverent towards God and towards one another.

    Modest dress is appreciated - please show respect for these sacred spaces.

    Holy Communion: Anyone is welcome to attend our worship services. Please note, however, that Holy Communion in the Catholic Church is restricted to members of the Catholic Church in the state of grace.

    No food or beverages are permitted in the Basilica or chapels.

    Please be aware that Holy Hill is a NO FLY ZONE -  drones are strictly prohibited.

    Throw all garbage into trash cans.

    Do not play loud music, use profanity or make other noise disturbances.

    Alcoholic beverages and drugs are not permitted on the property.

  • Where to Eat

    The Holy Hill Cafe is open Friday -Saturday from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm and Sunday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.

    Under the care of experienced local cuisine artists, the Holy Hill Cafe offers a variety of soups, sandwiches and salads as well as teas, coffee drinks and baked goods for all of our pilgrims. Stop in for a cup of brewed  coffee and a homemade muffin, grab a pick-me-up espresso, or simply enjoy the peaceful, historic atmosphere over a bowl of hot soup and a delicious sandwich.

  • Where to Stay

    The Holy Hill Guesthouse offers simple, overnight accommodations to anyone seeking an opportunity to encounter the sacred in a place apart from the busy world. Our retreat rooms are quiet and comfortable, conducive to the silence and peace necessary for a time of spiritual renewal. With conference rooms and a chapel available, the Guest House is perfect for individual or group retreats. Our guest house facilities are located in two buildings, The "Old Monastery Inn" and the recently remodeled "New Guest House."

    For more information or to make reservations, please call 262-628-5286 or contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

  • 1