Contact

mail@gemini-theme.com
+ 001 0231 123 32

Info

All demo content is for sample purposes only, intended to represent a live site. Please use the RocketLauncher to install an equivalent of the demo, all images will be replaced with sample images.


Located just off the main Church, the Shrine Chapel houses a rare statue of Mary. The youthful Virgin Mother offers her Son, Jesus Christ, to those who kneel before her. The statue was made by the Pustet Co. of Munich, and exhibited at the 1876 World's Fair in Philadelphia. In 1878, eighteen young barefoot women dressed in white robes with blue ribbons, carried the statue to the top of Holy Hill. The women were escorted by an entourage of 100 men on horseback, many priests and delegates from all over the state. These dedicated pilgrims filled the air with prayers and songs as they processed to their goal.

The ivory colored and gold leaf statue of Our Lady of Holy Hill now stands in the beautiful 40 x 50 foot shrine chapel to the right of the sanctuary in the upper church. Below the base of the statue is an elegant bouquet of hand-beaten bronze roses covered with simulated ruby-studded rosettes strung together by a rope of simulated sapphires. The statue is set against a circular wall of pink-veined Kasota marble.
 
The chapel altar, also of pink-veined Kasota marble, matches the circular wall behind the statue perfectly. The front of the altar is engraved with the family tree of Jesus according to Matthew's gospel. At the lower left, the figure of Abraham is portrayed as he dreams of his descendants. One of them, King David, is represented by the crown in the center.
 
Beautiful stained glass windows in the shrine chapel illustrate the Hail, Holy Queen. They arrived from the Van Treeck studios in Munich, Germany via the St. Lawrence Seaway in March of 1958. They were installed at no charge by Matthew Lechner that year.

Crutches and other mementos left by pilgrims who have sought healing from Our Lady of Holy Hill line the entrance of the Chapel.